Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lovey











Well first doll I made from my own pattern is finished. I am calling her "Lovey". I have incorporated all the forms that I love about primitive dolls, i.e. long skinny legs, big feet and I prefer for them to have fingers versus the mitten hands. Her face is machine sculpted which becomes easier the more you do however I think the next doll will have a pancake face and I will paint her features on.

Lovey's underskirt was made from a used shear curtain and I added lace to the bottom that I found at a thrift shop. Her dress is made from left over material from another project. Her hat is a little unusual, I have been making so many witches hats lately the shape just drew itself. The bling around her hat I still am not sure about. May have to find something a little smaller and not so flashy.

I have great respect for all those designers out there, especially all those designers who come up with such unique and wonderful designs. I am going to try a few more of my own designs, perhaps a witch, and see what happens. Right now I don't think that pattern making is my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment