Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hank's Angels - To Protect and Serve







Hank's Angel
"To Protect and Serve"
In tribute to my dad I have started to make angels in his honor. A couple of days before he passed he was talking to someone and asking them "How they changed the ambience of the room because it was so peaceful and smelled good". I asked him what he said and he turned his head and looked at me and repeated, "How did you change the ambience of the room. It was so peaceful and smelled good". Although he had turned to face me when he replied he was looking at me but I am sure that he was not seeing me and I believe he was seeing an angel or perhaps many angels. I believe they were preparing him for his journey to the other side.
He was a police officer for 25 years in San Diego hence the angels motto, To Protect and Serve. The 523 on angels banner was his badge number.
This is the first in a line of many more to come. I thought the gold glitter around the wings would signafy the gold badge he wore for so many years but I am thinking that it is not quite right for a "grungy" doll. Will think of another use for the gold glitter, I like it...........
This doll pattern was created by Janelle for Warmheart. When I first saw the pattern I immediately knew that this was the one I would use for Hank's Angels.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leslie, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU. I could not ask for a better rendition of my pattern. Blessings to you and your dad. Angels are watching you both. Janelle from Warmheart xxx

    ReplyDelete